TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Car hire:
These conditions link the customer to the company SPECIAL PRICES AUTOREISEN SL (hereinafter, “AUTOREISEN”), proper recipient of the rights associated with the brand “Autoreisen Rent a Car”, with registered office in Tenerife and email address email@example.com
The customer can make his/her reservation online through any of our platforms autoreisen.com, autoreisen.es & arcarhire.com (hereinafter, "the platforms") and, after making it, he/she will receive the confirmation or denial of his/her reservation request in the email address provided to us for this purpose. AUTOREISEN reserves the right to refuse or reject a particular reservation request for operational reasons, especially in case of unavailability of vehicles as requested by the customer. It may also deny or refuse such a request or reservation if it is incomplete, inaccurate or wrong, or if it does not comply either with the applicable conditions of hire or with current regulations.
For security reasons, no banking or financial information will be requested through the platform, although you must provide it, particularly, your credit card at the moment of removal of the hired vehicle in the office. Credit cards shall belong to the holder who provide them, be valid and in force. Major credit cards (Visa/MC/Amex/Dinners) are accepted, as well as bank debit cards issued by financial institutions. Prepaid cards are not accepted.
2. Hire requirements:
Drivers shall be at least 23 years of age, be in possession of a driving license duly issued by a competent authority for driving a rental car, which shall be in force and valid for driving in Spain (*), and hold the license for at least 2 years.
Driving licenses issued in accordance with the Spanish legislation are valid for driving in Spain and those issued in countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) in compliance with the applicable European regulations. In addition, under certain conditions, the following driving licenses are also valid for driving in Spain:
• National driving licenses from other countries issued in accordance with Annex 9 of the Geneva Convention, or with Annex 6 of the Vienna Convention, or those differing slightly from such models in the adoption or deletion of non-essential headings.
• National driving licenses from other countries that are written in Spanish or accompanied by an official translation thereof.
• International driving licenses issued abroad in accordance with Annex 10 of the Geneva Convention, or according to the model of Annex E of the International Convention of Paris, if the countries have joined this Convention, but they have not signed or joined that of Geneva. In this case a valid international driving license shall be presented in conjunction with a national driving license in force in the relevant country.
• Those driving licenses recognized in some international conventions to which Spain is a party and under the conditions indicated thereof.
These same conditions and requirements are also enforceable regarding any additional driver who may be indicated by the customer.
AUTOREISEN reserves the right to deny or refuse a particular request or reservation if these specific conditions are not met.
Similarly, following confirmation of the reservation, AUTOREISEN may cancel it in the following cases:
• It is found that the information provided by the customer is not correct, real or is not updated.
• The customer severely violates the terms of the lease.
3. Conditions regarding the vehicle:
The reserved model vehicle is indicative and may be replaced by other of similar characteristics within the same category contracted by the customer.
The vehicle cannot leave the island where it is rented and must be used by the customer based on the following criteria:
- Comply with the applicable national regulations.
- Do not use it for illicit purposes or as a means to commit them.
- Travel only on public roads.
- Do not use it for commercial or advertising purposes.
- Use the recommended fuel for the vehicle.
- Make sure that when leaving or parking the vehicle is completely closed.
- Stop using it if a malfunction or breakdown is noticed, parking it correctly and safely (if possible) and call AUTOREISEN immediately.
The customer shall be responsible for the vehicle during the rental period, that is, from the moment he/she picks up the vehicle until the moment he/she delivers or returns it correctly to AUTOREISEN. If the return is not made in the manner indicated by AUTOREISEN, the responsibility of the customer on the rented vehicle will be extended until the moment of registration by AUTOREISEN of the actual receipt of the vehicle.
4. Delivery and return of the vehicle:
The delivery and return of the rented vehicle shall be made in the office specified in your reservation (and confirmed via email by AUTOREISEN) at the times indicated in the reservation confirmation. Return the vehicle in another office will have an additional cost of 15€.
Business hours at the offices will depend on the airport timetable where they are located. You can consult these timetables in the following link: Locations for Rent
If your flight is delayed or cancelled, please inform us in good time in order to be able to provide you with a better customer service in these cases. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee the maintenance of your reservation, although AUTOREISEN will endeavour to ensure it for as long as possible. For this reason, and when it is no longer feasible, AUTOREISEN reserves the right to cancel the reservation made by you and, therefore, be able to freely dispose of the reserved vehicle in those cases without entitlement to compensation.
The vehicle must be returned in the same conditions as received, except for the normal wear and tear. Otherwise, the customer shall provide any documentation, parts or supporting documents regarding the incidents or damage to the vehicle.
No amount shall be refunded to the customer for early return of the vehicle.
You must ensure that no piece of your property is left in the vehicle at the moment of its return. If this happens, AUTOREISEN is not held responsible for your loss.
5. Items included in the reservation price of your vehicle:
The final price of the reservation of the vehicle includes the following items:
1. Taxes (IGIC/IVA included).
2. Unlimited mileage.
3. Second driver free of charge.
4. Service in our office at the airport.
5. Cancellation of the free reservation.
6. Seats for babies and booster cushions for children free of charge. (CHILD SEATS)
7. The following insurances (without excess):
o Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
o Theft Protection (TP).
o Personal Accident Insurance (PAI).
o Damage to third parties.
As optional or additional services you can hire (not included in the reservation price of the vehicle), it highlights the roof rack to transport luggage, whose daily cost is 2€/day. It does not include the strings, only the clamping bars to the vehicle.
Roof-racks can carry up to 2 surfboards, properly attached. The company does not assume any damage to the vehicle or to third parties caused by objects transported in the roof of the vehicle. These damages are the responsibility of the client.
6. Situations or contingencies not covered by the insurance:
Our insurance does not cover the following situations or contingencies:
• Damage to the tyres, wheels and underbody of the vehicle.
• Loss or breakage of the car keys.
• Wrong refuelling.
• Accidents related to reckless driving or under the influence of alcoholic drinks, drugs, narcotics or any other toxic or psychotropic substances.
• Driving off-road.
7. Fuel policy:
In AUTOREISEN we neither do business with fuel nor charge the fuel tank in advance. However, the vehicle shall be returned by the customer with the same amount of fuel with which it was received and he/she shall pay the difference if that amount is lower.
8. Modification of these general conditions:
These conditions may be modified by AUTOREISEN at any time, particularly, in order to adapt to regulatory changes or to the applicable trade policy, so we recommend that, before renting a vehicle through our platform, you carefully read these conditions.
9. Applicable law and jurisdiction:
In the event of dispute or discrepancy related to any of these conditions, the parties waive any other jurisdiction that may apply and agree to subject themselves to the relevant Courts and Tribunals of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in accordance with the provisions of the Spanish legislation that may apply in each case.
(*) For more information about the conditions of validity of the driving licenses in Spain, you may consult the following links: http://www.dgt.es/es/ y https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-multas/permiso-de-conduccion/canje-de-permisos/espana.shtml.